All right pals…According to my Insta Peeps you’ll were overwhelmingly interested in a new High/low series on my blog. I won’t publish every week, but I’ll link up a hand full of splurge vs steal items ranging from home decor, tools, beauty, and fashion. I’m so excited about all the deals I found for you today. So let’s get to it!
1. Madewell Tote: Ok if you follow me on Instagram, you know I own the paint stripe version of this Madewell tote. I totally love the quality and I picked it up on sale about 6 months ago. The
cognac Madewell tote is beautiful and it can be paired with pretty much anything. If you can afford it and you totally love the look then I say its worth the splurge. But if you don’t want to spend that much on a bag, I have an alternative for you that I found online at Nordstrom! It’s reversible (bonus) and it has great reviews. Also, my sister in law owns it and I love it in person too.
2. Jumpsuits: Super in and they are super duper flattering. I own this bell sleeved one and I have worn it to 2 different events. If you have a bigger bottom half like me, go with the bell sleeve. It has an empire waist and a fuller pant. I got tons of compliments and its really comfy. I linked another style I’m in love with too. I love the scalloped neck line of the splurge jumpsuit. To me that detail convinced me to try it on. It fits true to size and super comfy too. However, the steel version is $40. Enough said.
3. Pouf Ottoman: Add a splash of additional seating with a pouf. I think everyone should own one. The square striped “splurge” pouf is Made from 100-percent leather. Its casual design is versitil and can blend with many styles. Real leather is always more expensive, but durable. Worth it! This “Steal” pouf carries a handwoven wool surface and fluffy fringe accents. A design that captures comfort in both function and appearance, this beautiful beanbag is excellently used in classic arrangements.
4. Royal Pointy Toe Flats: Ok I cannot tell you how much I love this shoe/booty. I own this Free People leather shoe in the Natural color. It goes with everything, it gets even more comfortable with age, and the leather just gets better every time I wear it. Also comes in 9 colors! I have never worn this shoe without being stopped and asked where they are from. Yes they are a splurge but I have been wearing them for 2 years and still going strong. In my option totally worth it! However, If that is not in your budget there is nothing wrong with getting the look for less! I linked the target version (which is often picked over in stores so more options online). It also comes in 3 color options.
5. Tassel Necklace: I love this splurge version because the slender chain wraps and knots into a stunning lariat. Anything that you can tie up and wear in different ways is right up my ally. The splurge version comes in gold, gunmetal, silver, and rose gold. I only share splurges that I deem worth the price. However, you decide for yourself. That is the beauty of this whole segment. The steal tassel necklace only comes in rose gold, but its a stunner as well. I love the fireball crystal details.
6. Bistro Chairs: How about a classic 1930s European bistro chair reinterpreted! High style and handcrafted of lightweight rattan and woven plastic seats – family friendly! These chairs are not just for your patio but your kitchen as well. Mix and match for an even better look! I have had my eye on these for a long time. I love the navy color, but they come in gray and black as well. Splurge on 2 of these chairs and use them as captains. Then mix them with some wood or metal chairs for an eclectic look. The steel version of these classic bistro chair comes in a pair. These feature hoop whicker arms and woven plastic seats. They come in red, blue, and gray. I own the red pair and love them. You can find this pair on sale as low as around $200 if you watch!
Shop & Splurge (Scroll & tap)
Shop & Steel (Scroll & tap
Add to favorites or read later