A low carb, comfort food casserole made with 2 cheeses and lots of veggies
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer over an inch of boiling water and cover. Cook until tender but still firm. Approx 4-6 minutes.
3. Melt butter in a medum saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno and cook till tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add flour; cook until bubbly. Graduallly add half & half, stirring well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 mintue. Season with salt & pepper and remove from heat.
4. Stir in cheeses and beaten eggs; mix until fully combined and cheese is melted.
5. Combine steamed broccoli and cauliflower and cheese sauce in a 9x13 casserole dish.
6. Top the casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup crushed potatoe chips. (Do not add chips if keto).
7. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.