German Pancakes – Low Carb Recipe
Have you ever had German pancakes? My kids absolutely love this yummy breakfast also known as Dutch boy pancakes. Around my house we call them “creepy crawlers” because of the way the batter creeps up the sides of the pan as it cooks. Today I have included my original recipe AND the low carb or keto version as well!
Only six simple ingredients and five minutes to prepare this breakfast. It will surely become a family favorite at your house too! I have found the the metal vs glass pan works better.
Top them with powdered sugar, syrup, berries, whipped cream, and/or lemon juice. Pick your favorite combo…but I’m warning you they are all delicious. Note: For low carb toppings, use sugar free syrup, Stevia or Truvia to sweeten the whipped cream, and/or Swerve confectioners sugar to sprinkle.
Check out my other Keto or low carb recipes here.
German Pancakes low carb Recipe
The best keto or low carb version of my family's favorite breakfast. My kids ate it up just the same as the orgional recipe. Six ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. As oven preheats, put 3 tablespoons of butter or 1/4 cup coconut oil in a 9x13 metal pan. place inwoven just until melted.
3. Place the eggs, milk, coconut four, almond flour, vanilla, and a dash of salt in a blender. cover and blend until smooth.
4. Pour batter in the metal pan over the melted butter.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are golden and puffy. (note: Low carb versions won't rise as much on the sides as the regular recipe.
Here are my favorite organic syrups to top them off – the sugar free strawberry is perfect if you are keto!
German Pancake or Dutchboy Pancake
An easy family breakfast recipe. Whip it up in 5 minutes with only 6 ingredients. Bake in the oven and top with your favorite berries, syrup, or whipped cream.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- 3 tbsp butter for pan only!
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
2. As oven warms, put the butter in a metal 9x13 pan and place in oven until melted. Remove.
3. Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour batter into baking dish over melted butter.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown and puffy.
Yummmmmm Mysha!! I’m making this! ❤️? xx
Is this 6 or 8 eggs? One place says 6, the other says 8.
6 for regular recipe, and 8 for keto recipe
Can you use glass dish instead?
has anyone made this? i wanna know what it’s like?
A ton of people made it and tagged me on Instagram
Comments are closed.