Well its no secret that I just had my 3rd child a few months ago. I love my little Lou, but not the extra baby weight I’ve been carrying. As a nursing mom I find myself hungry all the time, and occasionally that sweet tooth gets the best of me. I’ve been going strong at the gym since lou hit 3 months, so I want to make sure all that hard work isn’t lost in the Ice cream bucket! A friend gave me these recipes last year and I’ve made them a few times since. I’ve tweaked the power bite recipes a bit and now they are PERFECT. These gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free bites are an easy grab and go snack with a lot of punch. BONUS: my kids love them too! I DOUBLE the batch and freeze them in air tight containers. Hope you enjoy!
Lemon Fruit Bites
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 10 medjool dates pitted (I always buy mine pit in and seed myself, they are way more moist)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- zest of one lemon plus a little juice if you like extra lemony
In a food processor, chop cashews until they’re the size of lentils. Remove from food processor and set aside.
Place remaining ingredients in the food processor and combine until dates make a paste.
Add cashews back in food processor and blend until fully mixed.
Roll into balls and freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hr then transfer to an airtight container to store. (yields 10-15 balls)
German-chocolate fudge bites
- 3/4 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 70% dark and sweetened with stevia if you can find it
Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Squish the dough together in a plastic bag to avoid mess. Roll into balls then roll in shredded coconut. Freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hr then transfer to an airtight container. Yields 8-12 balls.)