This amazing Lemon Bundt cake is a semi homemade cake anyone can bake up in a jiffy. Level up from a traditional strawberry shortcake and bake up my Strawberry shortcake with lemon bundt cake instead. Its so refreshing and packed with with all the best summer flavors.
To make the easiest and most moist lemony cake ever, start with a lemon box cake mix and an instant pudding pack. Serve it up with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream for the perfect summer dessert. My Love for all things lemon is well known by now. Check out my ultra popular Lemon Blueberry Cake for another citrus treat. This recipe is made entirely from scratch and is a total crowd pleaser.
So why add pudding to cake mix? The gelatin component makes the cake super moist and fluffy. In this recipe, the extra lemon flavors definably pack a citrus punch and pair nicely with the fresh strawberries. YOU CAN’T GO WRONG WITH THIS EASY RECIPE and all your friends and family will surly love it too.
Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake with lemon bundt cake
This easy summer recipe is a spin on traditonal strawberry shortcake using a moist lemon bundt cake instead. The lemon cake is a semi homeade recipe and tastes delicious with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
For Lemon cake:
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4oz) package instant lemon pudding
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 4 large eggs
Strawberries and whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipped cream chilled
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
Lemon Bundt cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously coat large bundt pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and dry pudding. Add water, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and eggs. Stir to combine.
3. Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
4. Cool 15 minutes in the pan then invert onto a cooling rack.
Whipped cream and Strawberries
1. Quarter and stem strawberries and mix with 3 tbsp of sugar. Cover and refidgerate atleast 30 minutes allowing juices to develope.
2. Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
1. Cut cake into 24 thin slices. I use 2 slices per plate. Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto a lemon cake slice. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and then another thin slice of lemon cake. Spoon more strawberries over the top and serve.
Wanna make this lemon cake into a sheet cake instead? Easy! Just pour the batter into a greased 9×13″ baking dish ad back at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Glaze with a simple lemon glaze of
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus more to thin
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
*In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons of the milk until smooth. Test the consistency by dripping the glaze from a spoon to check the consistency. Whisk in lemon juice or lemon extract. If you’d like it a bit thinner, then add more milk as needed. Brush or drizzle the lemon glaze on a warm or cooled cake.
Add to favorites or read later