Is there anything better than warm chocolate chip cookies? Actually YES… warm chewy chocolate chip coconut cookies are EVEN TASTIER! Bake up a batch of these gourmet cookie shop favorites and get ready for a rich buttery treat with crispy edges and a chewy center!
This recipe is definitely my family’s favorite cookie! There is something very comforting about a classic chocolate chip cookie, but the coconut really sets it apart from the rest! I used sweetened shredded coconut and coconut extract to really bring out the rich “coconutty” flavor! For an extra decadent treat, sandwich 2 cookies together with my favorite butter cream frosting. The creamy frosting with a hint of almond combined with the coconut chocolate chip cookies tastes OUT OF THIS WORLD. My Frosting recipe HERE.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
Rich buttery chocolate chip coconut cookies with crispy edges and a chewy center. These delicious cookies will become a household favorite!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 bag semi sweeet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, beat both sugars, butter, vanilla, coconut extract, and egg with an electric mixer or kitchen aid on medium speed. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt till dough is stiff. Stir in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough in 1-1.5 inch balls over an ungreased cookie sheet. I like mine a bit larger so I go with 1.5 inch dough balls. Flatten a bit with the palm of your hand.
4. Bake 8 minutes or until light brown on edges (soft center). Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, and 2 more minutes on a wire rack.
I LIKE MY COOKIES ON THE FLAT SIDE SO THIS RECIPE USES A TOUCH LESS FLOUR. IF YOU LIKE YOUR COOKIES A LITTLE MORE ON THE ROUDED SIDE, TRY ADDING 1/4 CUP FLOUR TO THE RECIPE.
Add to favorites or read later