This keto Broccoli cauliflower cheese bake is a great casserole that I threw together on a whim. It’s a mouthwatering, low carb side dish that goes great with chicken, turkey, or pork. I’m calling it keto comfort food.
This veggie dish is a total crowd pleaser that even your kids will love!
Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect side dish for any dinner or weeknight meal. Tender crisp veggies tossed in an easy homemade cheese sauce and topped with a salty crumb topping. One of the things that I love best about this dish is that the rich and creamy cheese sauce contains no “cream of” anything soup. It’s made from scratch in just a matter of minutes and then poured over the veggies and baked. I use a medium cheddar as I find it adds a good flavor without being to overpowering and the gouda makes the space extra creamy! However, you can use pretty much any type of cheese you like.
Just a couple notes: I added a jalapeño for a tiny kick, but it’s not spicy at all. I cooked it down with the onion. If you are following a strict keto diet, I would recommend subbing the potato chip topping for crushed Parm Crisps and using xanthan gum in place of the flour for a thickening agent.
For more of my most popular recipes CLICK HERE.
Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Bake Recipe
Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Bake
A low carb, comfort food casserole made with 2 cheeses and lots of veggies
- 4 cups fresh broccoli or 2-3 heads
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower 1 head
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp all- purpose flour use 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum if keto
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped optional
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (for topping)
- 1/4 cup crushed potatoe chips Sub Parm Crisps if Keto
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer over an inch of boiling water and cover. Cook until tender but still firm. Approx 4-6 minutes.
3. Melt butter in a medum saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno and cook till tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add flour; cook until bubbly. Graduallly add half & half, stirring well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 mintue. Season with salt & pepper and remove from heat.
4. Stir in cheeses and beaten eggs; mix until fully combined and cheese is melted.
5. Combine steamed broccoli and cauliflower and cheese sauce in a 9x13 casserole dish.
6. Top the casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup crushed potatoe chips. (Do not add chips if keto).
7. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.