Low Carb cream cheese crepes
These low carb crepes made with almond flour, coconut four, and cream cheese make a delicious breakfast or dessert. Stuff them with your favorite sugar free fillings like whipped cream, keto lemon curd, berries, or dark chocolate.
I figure most foods with a high egg volume have to convert fairly easily to a low carb or keto version. Crepes definitely fit the egg filled bill and boy was I right! Swap out the traditional flour and sugar for some keto alternatives and you’ve got yourself a super delicious low carb treat!
Generally most people think crepes are fussy and hard to make, I have to disagree. I simply threw all the ingredients in the blender and within 5 minutes I had my crepe batter. I used a 1/4 measuring cup to distribute the batter into a reg non stick frying pan and swirled it around till it covered the entire bottom. The toughest part was the flip, but if the pan is properly oiled/buttered it really shouldn’t be a problem either. Just run your spatula along the outer edges and shake the pan till it moves heavily to one side. Then use your specula to flip the crepe. The larger the crepe, the harder it is to flip. I used a 8″ pan and my crepes were about 6″ in diameter. They are super flexible when hot off the pan. If you plan to make a lot and serve them hot, store them on a lidded plate till ready to serve.
*The whole batch of crepes contains 18 net carbs. Break that down into servings and each crepe contains approx. 2 net carbs per serving.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Crepes
This low carb/ keto crepe recipe makes the perfect breakfast or dessert. Stuff them with your favorite sugar free filling like whipped cream, berries, low carb lemon curd, or dark chocolate.
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/4 tsp truvia (or 3 packets)
- oil or butter for the pan
1. In a blender combine cream cheese, eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, heavy cream,& truvia. Puree until well combined and smooth.
2. Set a 8" skillet over medium heat. Add a light coat of butter or oil to the pan. Once hot add just under a 1/4 cup batter to the pan and swirl it around till it covers the entire base. About a 6" crepe.
3. Cook util edges are golden brown and can be loosened with a spatula. Lift the pan and give it a shake, loosening the crepe and sliding it to one side.
4. Flip the crepe and cook on the other side util lightly browned. Remove and lay parchment paper or a plate with lid. If you plan to keep lidded simply sperete each crepe with a piece of parchment paper in between to prevent sticking.
5. Fill with anything you like. I love whipped cream sweetened with vanilla and truvia and a few raspberries. Drizzle with sugar free syrup.
Why not enjoy these with the whole family for valentines day? If you make these yummy crepes be sure to tag me @remingtonavenue on Instagram! If you like this recipe, check out all me ketogenic or low carb recipes HERE.
Add to favorites or read later