I first tasted these ooey gooey caramel rice krispy treats over at my sisters house. Her mother-in-law brought them over and convinced me with one bite that rice crispy treats could be good after all. Not only are these caramel chocolate chip krispy treats good, they are AMAZING. BE WARNED… you’re gonna want to eat the whole pan!
These yummy treats are no just winners amongst the kids. Grown ups like me devour these almost faster than any kid I know. I have to be honest, I am not a rice crispy lover, but my caramel version sprinkled with mini chocolate chips and whole marshmallows have me coming back for more!
This recipe requires no oven or stove top. Everything is done in the microwave and should only take you about 10 minutes of actual work! Caramel Stuffed Krispie Treats with chocolate chips are a next level krispie treat recipe. This delicious no bake recipe is loaded with melty caramel and marshmallows. Special ingredient: Kraft caramel squares.
Caramel Chocolate Chip Krispy Treats
Caramel Chocolate Chip Stuffed Krispy Treats
Gooey rice Krispy treats stuffed with melty caramel, mini chocolate chips, and whole marshmallows.
- 14 oz can sweetened condesned milk
- 11 oz package caramel kraft squares
- 8 tbsp butter
Rice Krispy Layers
- 12 tbsp butter melted, halved you will make rice krispy layers in 2 parches. Half ingredients for first batch, half for second.
- 10 cups Rice krispies Cereal,halved
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- *additional 1 Cup marshmallows for sprinkling
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Microwave the caramel squares, butter, and condesed milk until melted and smooth. This will take approx. 3 minutes. stir after every minute. Set aside.
Rice Krispy Layers
1. In a seperate bowl, microwave 6 Tbsp butter and 4 cups marshmallows for 1 minute until melted. Stir in 5 cups rice Krispies cereal.
2. Press into 9x13 pan (I prefer glass).
3. Sprinkle 1 cup mini chocolate chips over rice krispy layer.
4. Pour on the caramel filling.
5. Sprinkle additoal 1 cup mini marshmallows over the caramel and place in the freezer for about 10-15 min. THis will allow the caramel to harden before placing the second layer of krispy treats on top.
6. Repeat step 1 and microwave remaining 6tbsp butter and 4 cups marshmallows for 1 minute. stir in 5 cups rice Krispy cereal and press final layer on top.
7. Place in the refridgerator for a couple hours. Cut into squares to serve.
If you like this recipe, Try my crowd pleasing Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies! These are a spin on a classic chocolate chip cookie that the whole family will love! I also have several other yummy treats on my blog under recipes. CLICK HERE to view all my recipes, savory and sweet!Add to favorites or read later